Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Pregnancy

Well I thought I'd start off your first letter with a little background of before you were born.  Me and your dad were married on October 16, 2010 in Show Low, AZ.  Your grandparents have a cabin up in Pinetop so I've been going up there since I was little and it was just the perfect place to get married. 



After the wedding we went to England and Wales to celebrate the honeymoon and low and behold it was not only the beginning of married life for us but the beginning of your life!  I had been praying that getting pregnant would be easy but I never imagined God would bless us with you so quickly, I was so thankful!


The next 9 months weren't so bad.  I got crazy allergies with you so I was constantly sneezing but those went away after about 6 months.  Thankfully you didn't give me any morning sickness just a lot of heart burn.  I pretty much ate cereal and sweets (especially Baskin Robbins peanut butter and chocolate ice cream) all day every day so if you've got a sweet tooth I could be to blame.  



Most nights you would wake up and start to kick and do little summersaults in my belly, your dad would talk to you, I'd sing to you.  Some days I would get so worried because I didn't feel you moving so we go to Sonic for an ice slush and that pretty much woke you up everytime. 

You are so blessed to have a big family and so many people who love you and were praying for you before you were even born. Your arrival was celebrated with a few showers from friends and family. 



At about 37 weeks I was pretty anxious for you to arrive, by 39 weeks I was really ready.  On Saturday, July 16, your dad and I ran the last of our "getting ready for baby" errands and then went to lunch with your grandpa, uncle Jeremy and Rubi.  As we were leaving the restaurant I told your dad, I think my water broke :). 

No comments:

Post a Comment