Monday, July 25, 2011

Our First Week Home

It was funny to me, Saturday I was carrying you in my belly and then the next time I was home you were in my arms.  Thankfully, your dad was able to stay home from work your first week. So many new things your dad and I had never experienced.  Waking up in the middle of the night to feed you and change your diaper, we definitely didn't get enough sleep that's for sure.


More friends and family came to see you, so popular!  Our small group from church brought us meals which was so helpful.  Even though you ate about every three hours, you wanted to be held the rest of the time.  I was happy to cuddle you.

We gave you a little sponge bath, you hated it.  We changed your diaper, you hated that too.  But you loved being held.

You love car rides so far, falling fast asleep every time.  We took our first trip out of the house to visit your doctor.  Getting weighed was very traumatic for you but everything looked good.  You lost a few ounces after the hospital which is normal but we were gonna make sure we kept you full of milk and gaining weight.

Each day we try different things to get you to sleep, to make you not cry when getting your diaper changed, to keep you awake...me and your dad are just trying to figure out what works.


Of course every little moment I worry about you.  If you're cold, if you're hot, if you got enough to eat, if you got too much.  I just have to rely on my faith and trust God that He will keep you safe. 

I love you little baby Caleb!

No comments:

Post a Comment