Thursday, July 21, 2011

Baby is Coming

From the very beginning we decided not to find out if you were a boy or girl (although your dad would have like to have known).  So when we arrived at the hospital on July 16, we were so excited to meet you in the coming hours and find out what you were!

We got there about 5:30pm and right when we checked in your grammy (my mom) walked out because she works there!  As soon as we found out that it was in fact my water that broke your dad called his parents because, of all weekends, they and your uncle Josh were in New Mexico.  So the family was alerted and labor had started.



I got started on pitocin to make the contractions come quickly and lucky for me they were manageable until about midnight. I knew I was going to need some rest to make it through the whole night so decided to get the epidural...which I should have just done earlier.  Unfortunately it didn't take away the acid reflux I had with every contraction but I knew it was all worth it because soon I would get to meet you.

I tried to get some sleep even though a nurse came in, it seemed like, every 10 minutes.  Your dad of course was on the tiny bench sleeping and snoring occasionally, but he needed some rest too.  We knew after this night sleeping would never be the same.

I'm not sure what time it was but all the sudden I felt cold, got the chills and then started shaking all over and it wouldn't stop. I had a fever and was getting sick.  Fortunately they gave me oxygen to stop the shaking, which helped and I actually fell asleep for an hour.  When I woke up it was almost time to start pushing. 

Because I had a fever and your little heart rate was spiking the doctor was moving very fast and I was pushing as hard as possible to get out!  And in only about 20 minutes later, there you were, our sweet baby boy, Caleb James Tomblin.

No comments:

Post a Comment