It's been a pretty busy week for me and you so far lots of trips out of the house. Leaving the house is a pretty long process with you, have to pack the diaper bag with everything you might need just in case. I'm sure the diaper bags weighs twice as much as you do.
On Sunday the teacher of our class ended with the story of Caleb and Joshua from the Bible, which was just a reminder of why we named you Caleb. Before your dad and I were married, we talked about what we would name our children. I already had a girl's name I was set on so really a boy's name was wat we had to agree on. I like family names and Biblical names. Your dad almost immediately came up with Caleb.
In the Bible, Caleb was Joshua's (like uncle Josh) brother. They were sent with 10 others each representing one of the 12 tribes of Isreal to survey the Promised Land. All but Caleb and Joshua said the land would be impossible to claim because of the giant people living on the land and they could not defeat them. Because Caleb and Joshua wholeheartedly followed God and put all their faith into God, that He would defeat their enemies, Caleb and Joshua were the only adult Isrealites allowed to enter the Promised Land after the 40 years of wandering the desert. God called Caleb his servant. I pray that you, my little pumpkin, will also wholeheartedly follow God.
No comments:
Post a Comment