Hi Buddy, it's your Dad. I got Mom's username and password so that I could write to you too. Last night was a very long night for your Mom. For some reason you decided that being awake from 3 to 4:30 was something that you wanted to do. I took one for the team and took you downstairs to see if I could get you to sleep a little. I wasn't upset about doing this because there was a time not too long ago that I never thought I would have a son to do that with. I do love getting to spend time with you in the wee hours of the morning. I know that you need to sleep some more for your Mom's sake though. I'm sure that will come.
I told a story at our small group last night about how God answered a specific prayer that I had prayed. Teagan asked us to name a time that God answered something that you specifically prayed for. I told them about how your Mom was an answer to my prayers about a wife. The part I didn't tell them was how I always wanted to be a Dad. That prayer was answered just over three weeks ago when you were born. I fell in love with you right away. I immediately started praying for you and for your future. It's scary to be a Dad. There are a lot of things to think about as you grow up. I am hoping to be able to lead you in the direction that you need to go. I have prayed already that you would find Jesus at an early age. A lot of people wait until they are older, and make life harder than it has to be. I'm not saying that your life will be easy, but it's a lot easier when you know who's you are. I also prayed that you would have a cannon for an arm, and a natural ability to read a zone defense.
Since you have come into mine and your Mom's life, things have come into perspective. We both want you to have an amazing life. We both are going to do our very best to make sure that you grow up feeling loved. I love you buddy. Hook Em.
No comments:
Post a Comment