Hi buddy, this is your Dad, I am guest blogging on your Mom's blog again.
Last week, your Grandpa and I (I'm not sure what he wants to be called, and if I know him, he wants you to decide for yourself) went to Pasadena to the Rose Bowl to see the Longhorns play. It was a fun trip.
We left here Friday after work. We went to a place called Barney's Beanery. It's a place I have heard through the grapevine is pretty good. It was. Then we went to the hotel and went to sleep.
The next day was game day and your Grandpa and I were pumped. It was his first time seeing the Horns in person, so that was special. We went and had breakfast and tried to kill as much time as we could before the game. Let me backtrack a little. When I woke up, I saw this picture that your Mom had posted on facebook.
It's probably the cutest picture I've ever seen. It made me smile from ear to ear. It also made me realize how much I missed you. I had fun, but I couldn't stop thinking about how much I missed you and your Mom on this road trip. I couldn't wait to get home to see my wife and son. I love both of you so much and it's so hard to be away from you.
During the game, Gina came up to the stands to say hi. She told me that she sent Mack Brown's assistant the picture that Kelly took of you and the helmet. She was talking to Coach earlier in the day he told her that he wants to meet that boy someday. I am hoping that you get that chance. I can't wait until you are about 5 or 6 so we can take a trip to Austin with Grandpa to watch your first Horns game at the best place to watch a game that I have ever been. I know it seems like I'm pressuring you to be a Longhorns fan, well I am. I can't wait to see your face when you see the players run out on the field. I am hoping that I can see you run out on that same field one day. A Dad can dream.
I said all of that to say this. I hope you and I can have a relationship like me and my Dad have. I hope you can trust me, talk to me, be honest with me, hate the media with me, and have fun following teams with me. You have entered my life and taken precedence over everything else, except for the relationship your Mom and I have. You are the best thing that has ever happened to us, and everyday I thank God that he gave you to us. I love you buddy. Hook Em.

Wow - thanks for making me tear up tonight, Jared :) So sweet. Love it.
ReplyDelete